ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!!
In an effort to hear more from our users, we have asked people to review our products and give us their honest feedback! We want to know what you think.. The good, the bad and the ugly. Obviously, we think our products are great – beyond great.. FABULOUS! But we can’t just tell you that can we.
Yesterday Kerrie T., of Seattle, posted a review on the 2Toms products, SportShield & ButtShield. Kerrie runs a blog called Mom vs Marathon.
Here’s what Kerrie thought –
Your Thighs Will Thank You…and Me (Review and Giveaway)
One of the things I didn’t realize about having a treadmill in my home is how much more I would sweat on it than I did on the ones in the gym.
Why is that?
The first time I ran on it in my bedroom, I ran in capris and a tank top. I almost died. The second time, I ran in a running skirt and a sports bra. My inner-thighs almost died. They looked like I rubbed sandpaper all over them then doused them with scalding McDonald’s coffee.
Even with minimal clothing, I sweat like a…well, like a chick running on a treadmill near a heating vent in her house in the winter.
So it was a complete blessing when the company 2Toms asked me to review their anti-chafing products, ButtShield and SportShield. Learn more about them HERE.
The first thing I noticed about the products (other than the word “butt” is in the name, which made me snicker like a 6-year-old), was that its consistency is different than any other anti-chafe product I’ve used. It is more liquid than solid, but not like a lotion. In fact, it’s slick like oil, but not oily, and you apply it by rolling it on. It didn’t ruin my clothes or the wood on my dresser (when I realized I’d gotten some on there). And it washes off of my skin easily with soap and water.
Be warned that the roll-on bottle must leak a tiny bit (which is how it got on my dresser), but I was happy that it didn’t leave any marks or stains! Just wiped it off with one of Mr. T’s socks. No worries.
When I put SportShield on for the first 3-mile test run, I was ready for it not to work. I don’t know why. I guess I’m a skeptic.
I love being proven wrong. Wait. No I don’t. But I do in this case. Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve tested both products up to five sweaty running-skirt, thigh-rubbing miles on the treadmill and have had no chafing. In fact, not even an inkling of a chafe.
The true test, however, came on Sunday’s 10 miles. My toes. (Insert climactic music here.) I get a pretty nasty blister between my big (freakish toe, as Mr. T says) and second toe on my right foot for whatever reason. I used ButtShield between them on Sunday. (Hehehehehe. I said “butt.”)
When I got home and removed my sock, I could see that the little blister I already had there was puffed up a little bit, but it didn’t hurt and it wasn’t any bigger than it was already. Then, after my ice bath and a shower, and once my feet dried, I saw there was NO NEW blistering and NO PAIN. Hooray!
I definitely give ButtShield and SportShield a big toes- and thighs-up.
And, check, it out: I have three prize packs from 2Toms to give away! Three of you will get a 2Toms care package including 1 bottle of ButtShield, 1 bottle of SportShield and 1 bottle of Stink Free (so your shoes won’t smell like something died in them anymore). There are lots of ways to enter:
1. Become a Virtual Running Buddy of Mom vs. Marathon (follow) and leave me a comment below about your worst chafing experience. C’mon, I want details!
2. “Like” 2Toms on Facebook HERE and/or follow them on Twitter HERE, come back here and leave a comment saying you did (leave a separate comment for each – total of 2 entries).
3. “Like” Mom vs. Marathon on FB HERE and/or follow me on Twitter HERE, then come back and leave a comment saying you did (leave a separate comment for each – total of 2 entries.
4. Enter the 2Toms Chafed Cheeks video contest HERE (worth 3 entries) and leave a comment letting me know you did.
5. Spread the word about this giveaway (FB it, Tweet it or post on your blog), then let me know for each one by leaving a separate comment here. Here’s a sample Tweet, so you can just copy and paste: Run more, chafe less with @2Toms #giveaway @momvsmarathon http://bit.ly/h0GlXv #runnerds
Thanks Kerrie for the great review. And now you should do one of the 5 options to enter her drawing!!! Maybe you’ll win and you can do your own review!
We’re looking into the leaking she mentions! I promise.. that isn’t the norm.
Stay tuned for more..